Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sewing tip

I love when other seamstresses offer new, clever sewing tricks.  I was one of the first people to purchase PatternReview 1000 Clever Sewing Shortcuts and tore through it in wonderment at all the fantastic ideas.

Well, I was talking to a co-worker this morning and she noticed that the little hanger tapes on my top were hanging out.  We talked about how we usually just pulled them out.  So, I did just that - I pulled them out. 

My co-worker (also an avid seamstress) told me that she uses these plastic stretchy hanger tapes for sewing gathers. She said that they stay stretchy and they  keep the gathers in place.

I thought this was so clever and wondering why I hadn't thought of this! 

What clever sewing tips do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your thoughts!