Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cross stitch

Dear readers, like many of you, I am a very busy person.  I work outside the home full time, have two adult children who act nothing like adutls, I have a two year old (who sometimes acts more mature than any of us) and a dog, two cats, a house, etc., etc.   I nary have a moment alone, let alone time to sew.  I need to schedule my sewing if I want to sew. As you can imagine,  I tend to put it off more often than not because something always comes up that I have to do, have to finish, or just simply want to do, like head off to Disneyland for the weekend! (that's usually the only thing that distracts me from sewing, if truth be told).

I eat and breathe sewing.  When I have an open minute while on the computer, I can be found browsing online fabric stores or the plethora of sewing blogs I follow, looking for new tutorials or patterns I might enjoy.  If you want to see my list, just click on my profile.  The list of blogs I follow is long and distinguished!  Yet, I'm always on the lookout for something else to do, as if I don't have enough already.

In an attempt to do more "sewing" at the end of the day, I got it in my head that I wanted to take up cross stitching again.  I haven't cross stitched since I was a little girl and I enjoyed it then.  I figured it would be something I could do anywhere - waiting at the airport or during a break at work.  It's small, lightweight and compact enough to take almost anywhere.  I tried to do this with knitting once upon a time but I'm not much of a knitter. It just wasn't instant enough gratification for me.  Cross stitching however, might fill a little void in my void-less time.

I'm starting with a pattern called Watering Cans and it features birds, of course.  It is a stamped pattern which I prefer, and it came with all the supplies.  Unfortunately, most of the patterns I really liked and wanted to try were counted patterns.  I've never done a counted pattern and I fear I'm too lazy to try to learn a counted pattern.  I want to look at it and be able to just start rather than have to figure it out.  I'd rather keep my figuring to sewing. I will keep you updated on my progress - or lack thereof.

Have a great day and keep on sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your thoughts!