Thursday, September 29, 2011

What I'm working on

I think this weekend I will work on the Vogue 1264 cigarette pants.  I’m taking my inspiration from  Erica Bunker who has such fantastic style.  I won’t be making the top with it as I don’t really care for it but I’ve heard such great things about the pants that I’m looking forward to them.  I have some houndstooth-patterned fabric that might be a little too light for the pattern but I will give it a try.  The fabric is unraveling at an alarming rate since I washed it and I fear that I might be forced to trash the fabric.  It was cheap and won’t be too much of a loss. 
V1264
I also got this fabric from Fabric.com  that I want to make some drapes for my sewing room:

Michael Miller Botanika Wing Study Ivory

I just fell in love with it and wanted to use it for something.  I had purchased 3 yards and when I received it, it called to me for drapery.  It's a little light weight but I don't care.  It will match perfectly in my sewing room where I have had great difficulty finding drapes that please me.

I will be getting ready for the boxer sewalong on MBP.  I've got my fabric and my pattern.  I just need to take my husband's measurements and I'm off to the races.
In other news, not much sewing has been happening this week.  My older son left on Monday and my toddler had a serious case of strep so a house full of family and sick child has left little time for me.  Cleaning the house and whatnot.   It's been a busy, full week and I'm looking forward to a little R & R sewing this weekend. 

Have a great day and keep on sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your thoughts!