Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dresses, dresses.....

I have to admit it.  I'm not a big fan of wearing dresses.  I love to look at them and I love to sew them but I just don't like to wear them.  I'm far more comfortable wearing pants and shorts.  I know, I know!  It limits me so much on what I can wear and what I can sew but, that's just how I am, *shrug*. 

I thus decided to expand my horizons and try to sew more dresses, even if I didn't buy any (who wants to *buy* dresses when you can sew them, right??). So, when I came across DKNY Vogue 1236 I thought I'd come across a dress that I would actually wear. Here are the results:


I really like the way it turned out and it is a very simple pattern. It took me all of one afternoon to sew and I absolutely love the pleating in the front. It has the added bonus of having pockets which are an absolute must for me, making this dress a perfect choice.  But, I haven't worn it yet.  I even recently brought it with me on vacation as a swimsuit cover-up.  Alas, I never got the chance to put it on because it rained and we didn't swim.  Now with the weather cooling down (even here in Phoenix) and the fall colors beginning, I fear this dress might have to wait.  Unless....... unless I buy some black boots and tights and wear it with a sweater.  Might be a cute winter outfit.

In other news, I have joined the men's boxer sew-a-long at Male Pattern Boldness.  I did Peter's jeans sew-a-long and it was really fun.  I'm looking forward to this.  Heheheh, so is my husband!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your thoughts!