Monday, September 26, 2011

The Weekend

We had a very busy weekend.  On Saturday, a trip to the Grand Canyon was called off so my husband and I stayed with the road trip idea and went up to spend the day in Sedona instead.  The weather was beautiful and the rocks were red.  I think Sedona is one of the most beautiful places in Arizona.



Yes, Sedona really looks like this.

Sunday, we decided to do some major changes in the house.  We completed moved around three rooms, changing our bedroom (something I've been wanting to do for some time) by removing the desk and making it more of a bedroom.  The desk is moved into the family which at this time, had just been used as a playroom for my toddler and finally, turning our formal living room into more of a conversation area and less of an entertainment room.  It was a lot of work but I am very happy with the results.

Bad news is that my toddler started getting sick yesterday and was basically up all night with a fever, cough, and sore stomach.  Looks like I will be missing work today.

No sewing over the weekend but I was expecting that.  My older son is still occupying that room while he visits and there isn't enough room for the both of us. Oh, well.  Such is life.  I've been working on my cross stitching in the interim, wondering how to get my stitches even and uniform.  My first several stitches were quite sloppy.



These turned out a little better..



Still, a work in progress, to be sure.  But, practice makes perfect and I'm hoping to get better as I go along.  It's been 30+ years since I've done this so I'm sure to be a bit sloppy.

That's all for now.  Have a great week and keep on sewing!










No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your thoughts!