Monday, September 12, 2011

Arley Berryhill

I've decided to start making another cloth doll.  This isn't something I do very often but every once in a while, I like to do something different.  Of course, this is added to the myriad of other projects I have started yet always find something else fun to do.  Don't we all?

I'm using a pattern by Arley Berryhill called Madame and its a little funky.  She's supposed to be leaning back, which is awkward. She won't stand until I get a base for her to stand on.  I'm in the beginning stages right now so she is far from complete.  I'm styling her as the Pumpkin Queen since I'm seeing all the Halloween decorations in the stores.



I'm using a beautiful orange brocade for her dress and I'm in the process of beading the gown.  It is a long process and may well take me a year to complete!  But, I discovered adhesive rhinestones and have been making good use of them and I've scoured the Internet and discovered a few other things I can use to speed up the process since I like more instant gratification to my projects. I'm also going to add some lace.  I'm a little concerned about covering the lovely brocade but I've noticed that it has been a lot of fraying at the seams.  I've had to use fray check liberally to keep the body together.




My original idea was to make her dress similar to candy corn - orange, then yellow, then white on the top.  But, as I progress, she is changing into something different. The rhinestones look really beautiful.  She will still be the Pumpkin Queen but with a few alterations!

Has anyone else made cloth dolls?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your thoughts!