Sunday, April 22, 2012

Clover pants - now the REAL never-ending story!



Hello, readers.  Well, it happened.  I was finishing up my clover pants, re-attaching the new waistband, feeling the love of finally being able to wear them when my sewing machine started making really funny noises.  No warning, no problems.  Just suddenly, as if it was revolting against my using it.  So, I focused on trying to fix it, thinking there was a jam somewhere.  The bobbin kept on getting knotted up and I couldn't figure it out. 

Yesterday, I took it into the repair shop and they discovered that my bobbin casing kept shifting.  No explanation as to why.  But, the bad news is that my machine will be in the repair shop for at least a week.

So, my Clover pants, all pinned and ready to be finished lay on my sewing desk.

My frustration knew no bounds!

So, not wanting to waste any time, I decided I could prep future patterns.  I got some new fabric from Fashion Fabrics Club.  The red I want to use to make another pair of Clover pants.  The other is more of a winter fabric that I won't be using yet.




I've decided I want to make Colette Jasmine top with some printed aqua rayon blend and I have some nice printed cotton to make another Sorbetto (sorry, I didn't take any pictures of them).  I also have some white bull denim fabric for Simplicity 2562  that Erica Bunker inspired to me make.  She made a pair using yellow bull denim.  They look great!

So, for the most part, I'm in a holding pattern until I get my machine back.  I'm hoping it doesn't cost too much nor take too long.

Do some sewing for me, ok?



2 comments:

  1. How frustrating. Hope you're sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Sanguine! It has been soooo long! I hope your machine is fixed soon and you can get back to sewing.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your thoughts!