Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I’m such a nerd!

I cannot let go of the flat-felled seam debacle from the other day so, I pulled out my Reader’s Digest Complete Guide to Sewing and read up on seams, to see if there was something I missed.  According to that resource I saw that I had done it correctly, albeit with great difficulty.  Yet, I still couldn’t get over the thought that I had done something wrong.
Well, yesterday I was surfing my favorite sewing blogs and came across Suni's Sewing School,  saw all the seam tutorials there and decided to spend some time reading about seams.   I found the flat-felled seam tutorial and I read and re-read and finally realized that I had indeed, done it wrong.  I had done it with right sides together instead of wrong sides together.
Don’t you hate it when that happens?  The light bulb instantly goes off and you say to yourself, “DUH!”
No wonder I had so much trouble and no wonder it still didn’t look right.
Needless to say, I have a feeling I will be doing lots of flat-felled seams in the future.
felled-seam-inside
Yet, isn’t it great?  Now, I know how to do it and I’m encouraged to do them more because I can see how fun it will be!

Have a great day and keep on sewing!



2 comments:

  1. Okay, what happens when I hit "post comment" is I get a message saying "your comment will be visible after approval." So it might be that under your Comments > Settings > Comment Moderation, you have it switched on. You could try changing it to "never" and see if that works.
    I hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your thoughts!