Sunday, October 16, 2011

Flat-felled Seams

I hate them!

I was finishing up my boxers for the MPB Men's Boxers Sew-Along and as per Peter's instructions, I used flat-felled seams.  I found them to be so difficult!  Perhaps it was because my pattern (Kwik Sew) only required 1/4" seam allowances rather than a standard 5/8".    I struggled and struggled with them and they turned out a little messy but I finally got something that had some semblance to a flat-felled seam.




As you can see, they are somewhat crooked but it looks ok from the outside.  They are underwear after all so I guess no one will see them except my husband.  If I say nothing, maybe he won't notice.  They actually look a little better in person than in these pictures so I shouldn't complain.

It's been slow going on the sewing front this week.  Been busy with work and still working on the house.  I was adventurous and decided to make a couple of small pillows with some fabric I bought some months ago.





I had considered using some fringe or other decoration but I decided against it after I took a trip to Pottery Barn yesterday.  Their pillows in general were very plain and without much decoration.  These are a little smaller than I wanted but I still like them very much.  The fabric is just gorgeous.

That's all for now.

Have a great day and keep on sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your thoughts!