Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sounds of Silence

Sorry for the silence, folks.  Been busy at work and at home.  We have put an offer on some property in wine country out here in Temecula and since it’s a short sale, it is dragging on forever.  We are tempted to begin looking again, as we haven’t heard much on it but it meets all our  wants so we are waiting for it.  It’s been two months.  Hopefully, it won’t be much longer.


In sewing news, I’ve been working on a jacket for my boy made out of some lovely gray flannel (I will post pictures later).  It has turned out to be a very easy pattern and I can easily see myself making more of these.  I’ve also cut out the quilting fabric into 5” squares.  Next on that list is to cut white fabric sashing.

In addition to being busy at work, I’ve been busy changing my diet and exercising.  I’ve lost four pounds in about 3 weeks.  Not bad.  Of course, those blue Collette pants I made don’t fit anymore.  They are too loose around the hips.  Oh, drat!  Maybe I will just take them apart and re-fit them to my new measurements.  I’m not posting pictures yet because I personally don’t see any change although my husband says he does.


Have a great day!




4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous countryside. I hope your property purchase goes through. I know that can be frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is gorgeous. That's why we have been waiting for it. But my patience is running thin and I want to get into a house.

      Delete
  2. Here's hoping for some good news soon.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your thoughts!