Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Vogue 1264

V1264

I'm wanting to begin making these cigarette pants but I fear I've purchased the wrong size.  In RTW, I wear a size 12-13.  In sewing, I usually wear a size 14. 

I pulled out this pattern over the weekend to finally begin and looking on the pattern pieces, the finished measurements of size 14 are 10 inches smaller than my measurements!! Even the waistband is considerably smaller.  I can't imagine that I'll have to cut a size 22 - and in the process have to buy another pattern.

This comes as one of my biggest obstacles in sewing - getting the right fit.  I take some quick measurements before every project because goodness knows, the older I get, the more I'm changing.  I match them up to the pattern and even estimate the finished pattern measurements before I cut.  Lately however, I've been relying on the printed finished measurements on the pattern pieces to guide me.  So far, I've been fairly fortunate. 

This pattern though, has really thrown me for a loop.

I hate the idea of making muslin's because I like more instant gratification but I fear I will have to do it in this case.  I really don't want to buy another pattern and if I  need a bigger size, it would be too much work to just re-trace a larger size from this pattern.

So, muslin it is.  I don't have any muslin fabric so I will have to stop at Goodwill and see if they have a cheap sheet I can use as a muslin.

Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. That is so weird I can't help thinking it must be a pattern printing error. Ten inches??? Have you looked on pattern review to see if other people had the same problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my mistake was that I bought the pattern by size and not by measurements. Usually, with the other pattern companies, I can buy the pattern by size. I'm fairly new to Vogue patterns and I should have bought the pattern by measurements. My bad. Now I have to wait until Joanne's has Vogue patterns on sale to buy another one.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your thoughts!