Saturday, March 10, 2012

Quilt Making, Gift Giving, Freinds Gathering

And so begins the journey to Temecula Quilt Company, a fabulous little quilt shop in Temecula, CA.  Owner, Sheryl Johnson opened her shop in March, 2007 and has made this place a meeting ground for classes, fabrics, and friends for the past five years.  You can see her blog here.



The shop is decorated in a lovely turn-of-the-century-turns-modern-day store.



 Many gorgeous quilts are on display.




I have to say, I'm becoming fascinated with quilts and quilting.  I just love the way they look and feel.  I could watch quilting for hours.  In fact, I'm looking at some of my fabric stash to see what fabrics I can use for quilting.

I spent the other night piecing together my blocks for my hodge-podge quilt.  It looks like it's going to be a nice size, although I don't know how large yet.  It should be about a twin size blanket. I'm going today to look for some nice backing fabric for it.  Pictures to come!

Have a great day and keep on sewing!

1 comment:

I enjoy reading your thoughts!